A Thorough Cleaning to Get Your Dental Health Back on Track
How Abundant Family Practice Helps Combat Gum Disease
What comes after a gum disease diagnosis? With thoughtful treatment and careful maintenance, we can correct the problem and protect your healthy smile. Depending on your individual condition and needs, Dr. Chad may recommend root planing and scaling, also known as periodontal cleaning, or “deep cleaning.”
- A bacterial infection has become too engrained to be remedied by a routine cleaning.
- Plaque has solidified into calculus deposits that sit under the surface of the gums, continuing to irritate them and spread infection.
- Removing the calculus from below the gumline, using special tools.
- Smoothing the root surfaces to be sure plaque can’t continue to get traction.
- Once the plaque and calculus are removed, your gums can finally heal.
Remember that gum disease treatment may require some follow-up maintenance and monitoring. More frequent cleanings will help protect your recovering gums and allow us to monitor your progress.
Each case of gum disease is different. If the infection is extensive, you may need additional help. But whatever the case, we can discuss your options and help you with a plan to regain control of your oral health. Don’t put it off any longer! Talk to us today about your options.
Give us a call at (435) 363-2000 or send us an email to schedule a consultation.